- Against All Odds: A Contemporary Response to the Historiography of Archiving Collecting, and Museums in India, Lalit Kala Akademi, New Delhi
Paris, Delhi, Mumbai, curators, Sophie Duplaix and Fabrice Bousteau; Centre George Pompidou, Paris, Illustrated Catalogue
Concurrent India, curator, Tuija Kuutta, Art Museum Tennis Palace, Helsinki, Illustrated Catalogue
Greening Green, Sewon Oh, chief curator Arko Art Centre, Seoul, Illustrated Catalogue
Beyond the Self: Contemporary Portraiture from Asia, curator, Christine Clark, National Portrait Gallery, Canberra.
Nature Pur, curator, Tereza de Aruza, Nature Morte, Berlin
Contemporary Indian Art, curator, Tereza de Aruza, Rio de Jeniro
- Water Ways, Walsh Gallery, Chicago
- Writing Visuals, The Harrington Street Arts Centre, Kolkata; W + K Exp, New Delhi
Samtidigt, curator Pia Kristoffersson Kulturhuset, Stockholm
Where Three Dreams Cross: 150 Years of Photography from India, Pakistan and Bangladesh, Curator, Sunil Gupta and Kirsty Ogg, Whitechappel Gallery, London, Foto Museum, Winterrhur
Vidas ocultas / Hidden Lives, Vivan Sundaram and Anamaria McCarthy, curator, Anamaria McCarthy
Instituto Cultural Peruano Norteamericano ( ICPNA ), Lima. Illustrated Catalogue
- Talwar Gallery, Excerpts from Diary Pages, New York
- The Root of Everything, Gallery Mementos, Bangalore
- Shifting Shapes, Unstable Signs, Yale School of Art, Connecticut, USA
- Mori Art Museum, Chalo! India: A New Era of Indian Art, Tokyo
- Through a Glass, Darkly: Reflections On The Self Portrait, The Guild, Mumbai
- Frame Figure Field: 20th Century Modern and Contemporary Indian Art, Delhi Art Gallery, New Delhi
- Baroda: A Tale of Two Cities, (Part I), Sarjan Art Gallery, Vadodara
- Still Moving Image, Devi Art Foundation, Gurgaon, New Delhi
- Click ! Contemporary Photography in India, Vadehra Art Gallery, New Delhi and Grosvenor Gallery, London
- Mechanism of Motion, Anant Art Centre, New Delhi
- Santhal Family: Positions Around an Indian Sculpture, in association with Bodhi Art, and supported by the British Council, Kunststiftung NRW and the Provence of Antwerp at Museum of Contemporary Art Antwerp (MuKHA), Belgium
- Archive Fever: Uses of the Document in Contemporary Art, International Center of Photography, New York
- INDIA: Private Places, Public Spaces: Contemporary Photography and Video Art, The Newark Museum, Newark
- India Art Now: Between Continuity and Transformation’, Province of Milan, Milan, Italy
- India: Maximum City, Galerie Helene Lamarque, Paris
- Horn Please: Narratives in Contemporary Indian Art, Kunstmuseum Bern, Switzerland
- Amirata Sher-Gil, An Artist’s Family in the 20th Century, Tate Modern, London, Haus der Kunst, Germany
- 2006 Taipei Biennial: Dirty Yoga, Taipei Fine Arts Museum, Taipei
- Edge of Desire: Recent Art In India, curated by Chaitanya Sambrani, Asia Society and the Queens Museum of Art, New York.
- Zoom: Art in Contemporary India, curated by Luis Sepra & Nancy Adajania, O Museu Temporario/Culturgest, Lisbon. illustrated catalogue.
- La Collection d’Art Contemporain D‚ agnes b. les Abattoirs, Toulouse, France.
- Indian Video Art: History in Motion, curated by Johan Pijnappel, Fukuoka Asian Art Museum, Fukuoka, Japan.
- Techniques of the Visible‚ curated by Xu Jiang, Sebastian Lopez and Zhang Shengtian, 2004 Shanghai Beinnale, Shanghai Art Museum Art, Shanghai. illustrated catalogue.
- Edge of Desire: Recent Art In India, curated by Chaitanya Sambrani, Art Gallery of Western Australia, Perth.
- Exploring Self and Memory, curated by Agnes Lin, The Esplanade Co. Ltd., Singapore.
- Another Passage to India‚ curated by Pooja Sood, Théâtre Saint-Gervais, Genève, Musée d’ Ethnographie, Genève and Pro Helvetia, Arts Council of Switzerland.
- After Dark‚ curated by Gayatri Sinha, Sakshi Gallery, Mumbai, Illustrated catalogue.
- Tribute to Bhupen Khakhar‚ curated by Birendra Pani, Tao Art Gallery, Mumbai.
- CC: Crossing Currents: Video Art and Cultural Identity‚ curated by Johan Pijnappel, Lalit Kala Akademi Galleries, Rabindra Bhavan, New Delhi.
- subTerrain: artworks in the cityfold‚ curated by Geeta Kapur, Haus der Welt Kuntz, Berlin.
- Science Fictions‚ curated by Marion Pastor Roces and BingHui HuangFu, The Earl Lu Gallery, Singapore.
- Interactiva ‘03‚. A Biennale of New Media and Electronic Arts, curated by Raul Ferr-Balanquet, Museum of Contemporary Art of Yucatan.
- Crossing Generations: diVerge, Forty Years of Gallery Chemould, curated by Geeta Kapur and Chaitanya Sambrani. NGMA, Mumbai. illustrated catalogue.
- Tiranga, illustrated catalogue.
- Liminal Zones‚ curated by Pooja Sood, Apeejay Techno Park, New Delhi
- Video Art Road Show‚ curated by Shilpa Gupta, Marico Amphitheatre, Mumbai.
- Refuge, curated by Gavin Jantjes, Artistic Director, Henie Onstad Kunstsenter, Norway. illustrated catalogue.
- Kapital and Karma: Contemporary Indian Artists, curated by Angelika Fitz & Michael Worgotter, Kunsthalle, Vienna. illustrated catalogue.
- Composition of Desire‚ Vivan Sundaram and Noritoshi Hirakawa, Galerie Ferdinand von Deiten, Amsterdam.
- Secular Practice: Recent Art from India‚ curated by Peter White of Hoopoe Curatorial, Contemporary Art Gallery, Vancouver.
- Routes‚ curated by Christian Kravagna, Grazer Kunstveren, Graz. illustrated catalogue.
- Mois de la Photo a Paris‚ Une Selection Internationale: Emergences, Resurgences‚ Resistances‚ curated by Caroline Bourgeois, galerie de jour, agnes b., Paris. illustrated catalogue.
- Playgrounds &Toys‚ curated by Adelina von Furstenberg, ART for the World, Italian Centre, London.
- Arte Digital‚ IV Salon de Arte Digital, Centro Cultural de la Torriente Brau, Havanna. illustrated catalogue.
- Cinema Still‚ curated by Gayatri Sinha, for Apparao Galleries, Habitat Centre, New Delhi, illustrated catalogue.
- The Quotable Stencil, curated by Himnashu Deasi, Tao Gallery, Mumbai, illustrated catalogue.
- No I.D., curated by Els Reijnders, Indian & Dutch artists, Foundation for Indian Artists & Sakshi Gallery, Mumbai.
- Photosphere‚ curated by Peter Nagy, Nature Morte, New Delhi.
- Mythologies‚ curated by Pooja Sood, Apeejay Techno Park, New Delhi.
- Ways of Resisting‚ curated by Vivan Sundaram, SAHMAT, Rabindra Bhavan, New Delhi.
- Bombay/Mumbai:1992-2001‚ curated by Geeta Kapur and Ashish Rajadhyaksha, for the exhibition Century City: Art and Culture in the Modern Metropolis‚Tate Modern, London. illustrated catalogue.
- Unpacking Europe‚ curated by Salah Hassan and Iftikhar Dadi, Museum Boijmans van Beuningen, Rotterdam.
- Secular Practice: Recent Art from India, curated by Peter White of Hoopoe Curatorial, OBORO, Montreal.
- Bollywood has Arrived: Exhibition of Indian and Dutch Contemporary Art, curated by Els Reijnders, Foundation for Indian Artists and Jim Beard Gallery, Amsterdam.
- Amrita Sher-Gil and Vivan Sundaram, curated by Katalin Keseru, Ernst Museum, Budapest.
- King Henry IV‚ curated by Philippe Mouillion of Laboratoire, Town Hall, Lyon.
- Context as Content: Museum as Metaphor‚ curated by Peter Nagy, The Museum of Fine Arts, Punjab University, Chandigarh. catalogue.
- In Conversation‚ curated by Gayatri Sinha, Espace Gallery, New Delhi.
- boundlessly various and everything simultaneously‚(works from and inspired by India) curated by Peter Nagy, Bose Pacia Modern, New York.
- Souza, Shah and Sundaram‚ Nature Morte, New Delhi.
- Delhi-2000‚ Birla Academy of Art and Culture, Calcutta, illustrated catalogue.
- Memoirs of the Past, Images of the Present and Pictures of the Future‚ The Fine Art Company, Bombay.
- Anonymously Yours‚ Lakeeren Art Gallery, Bombay.
- Exhibition of photographs‚ curated by Peter Nagy, Nature Morte, Art Folio, Centre for the Arts, Chandigarh.
- Beyond the Surface‚ Fine Art Company, Bombay, Espace Gallery, New Delhi and Mumbai.
- Early Drawings: 1950’s, 1970’s, The Fine Art Company, Bombay. illustrated catalogue.
- A Decade of the Gallery at the Turn of the Century, L.T.G.Gallery, New Delhi, illustrated catalogue.
- Big River, International Artists Workshop, Caribbean Contemporary Arts, National Museum & Art Gallery, Port of Spain, Trinidad.
- Volume & Form, Singapore. illustrated catalogue.
- Nature Morte, New Delhi, Mary Place Gallery, Sydney, Australia.
- Icons of the Millennium‚ Lakeeren Art Gallery, Bombay. illustrated catalogue.
- Ligatee, The Baroda School of Art‚ The Fine Art Company, Bombay, illustrated catalogue.
- Nature Morte, New Delhi, Mary Place Gallery, Sydney Australia.
- Edge of the Century‚ curated by Amit Mukhopadhyaya, Nature Morte, New Delhi, illustrated catalogue.
- Private Mythology: Contemporary Art from India‚ curated by Akira Tatahata, Japan Foundation, Asia Centre, Tokyo. illustrated catalogue.
- World Wide Video Festival, Amsterdam, Indian section curated by Johan Pijnappel. illustrated catalogue.
- The Presence of the Past, curated by Girish Shahane, Jehangir Nicholson Gallery, NCPA, Bombay.
- Face to Face, Baroda Alumni Artists of Delhi, Rabindra Bhavan Gallery, New Delhi. illustrated catalogue.
- Artists for a Sustainable World‚ Gallery Chemould, Bombay.
- Inaugural Show, Sakshi Gallery, Bombay.
- Trade Routes: History and Geography, Second Johannesburg Biennale. Section: Alternating Currents‚ curated by Okwui Enzewor and Octavia Zaya, Johannesburg, South Africa. illustrated catalogue.
- Mapping the Earth‚ Second Kwangju Biennale. Section: Power‚ curated by Sung Wan-Kyun, Kwangju, South Korea. illustrated catalogue.
- The Individual and Memory‚ Sixth Havana Biennale, Cuba. illustrated catalogue.
- Out of India: Contemporary Art of the South Asian Diaspora‚ curated by Jane Farver, Queens Museum of Art, New York.
- Tryst with Destiny: Art from Modern India, CIMA and Singapore Art Museum, Singapore. illustrated catalogue.
- Being Minorities‚ curated by Oscar Ho, Asian Artists at the Hong Kong Arts Centre, Hong Kong.
- Right to Hope, curated by Catherine Thick, Belfast, Northern Ireland and Sarajevo. (Traveling exhibition since 1995). illustrated catalogue.
- Post Independence Contemporary Indian Art‚ National Gallery of Modern Art and Vadhera Art Gallery, New Delhi. illustrated book.
- Colours of Independence‚ National Gallery of Modern Art and CIMA, New Delhi.
- Major Trends in Indian Art since 1947‚ curated by Rm. Palaniappan, Lalit Kala Akademi,Rabindra Bhavan, New Delhi. illustrated catalogue.
- Homage to Antoin Artaud‚ curated by Marie Delpech, Eicher Gallery, New Delhi. illustrated catalogue.
- The Looking Glass Self‚ Lakeeren Gallery, Bombay. illustrated catalogue.
- Nature Morte Inaugural exhibition, artists from India, Europe and the United States of America, Habitat Centre, New Delhi.
- Gift for India‚ curated by Vivan Sundaram, Shamshad, and Ram Rahman, SAHMAT Rabindra Bhavan, New Delhi and Gallery Chemould, Max M‚ueller Bhavan and Artists Centre, Mumbai. illustrated catalogue.